Huyana: The World of Imagination

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huyana is a haven to us to explore the corners of our literate imaginations

5 posters

Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves

Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves - Page 16 Empty Re: Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves

Post  Alli Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:35 pm

Coal blanched, trying to figure something else herself. Well... she racked her brain, thoughts and ideas floating in and out like a feather in the wind. Well... she started again. You and Kyo just went herb hunting right? How did you carry your herbs?

Kyo wasn't even listening. The moment the others let go he did as well, turning around and licking his face.

That's fine, you wanna go to bed? You don't have to stay up for me! As you can see my posts aren't doing any better over here. haha
    Teak
    Teak

Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves - Page 16 Empty Re: Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves

Post  Teak Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:46 pm

Don't worry, I'm finishing up some other stuff too :3

Taima tilted her head. "In a water bubble. But herbs are rather alot lighter than a full-grown bull..." She trailed off, thinking for a moment

Kohana zoned out for a second, his mind churning as he tried to think of something. Nothing. He would rather just get on and pull it out. Strength was his strong ponit, really.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:51 pm

Coal nodded. Okay. It was just a thought. Without much else she walked back up to the carcass, waiting to grab on again.

Kyo was NOT looking forwards to grabbing that leg again. All the same he walked back up, getting ready.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:59 pm

"I... I don't know... I don't think anything will work. Besides, it's nearly out the way. Ko and I can take it now, can't we? You two look exhausted. She nodded to Ko who sighed and nodded back, padding over to grab the leg again. Taima grabbed the other.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:00 pm

i must go! bye!
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:00 am

Can someone fill me in on what happened? x3 I skimmed through alittle bit... but I still want to fully understand so I know what to say x3 Sorry I wasn't here. I have been busy.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:48 am

Humm... Kyo and Tai went herb-hunting, came back and sat around with Coal who was still watching the two pups. Kohana and Cove were sleep in the Alpha's Den. They hear stampedeing elk approaching and Coal runs inside the Pack Den with the pups to keep them safe. Tai and Kyo stay outside to chase them away. Whilst they are doing so, the bull of the heard tries to get into the Pack Den. It gets stuck and Coal kills it. All the elk eventuall run away, but they are left with a dead bull blocking the Pack Den's entrance. So they are trying to pull it out the way.

That's it. I think. I suck at explaining things though.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:30 pm

Sorry I never replied from yesterday, I went with my parents to a hike and it literally took all day. Welcome back Toast!

Kyo was glad to not have to pull the bull any longer, his jaw just not that strong enough yet. He nuzzled Tai in thanks and then lept onto a rock nearby, sorta assessing the situation in case something happened.

Coal shook her head and walked up to the bull again, this time nipping up the tail. No, she spoke muffledly, I can still help pull.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:08 pm

Don't worry about it, I don't mind :3 And yes, nice to see you again Toast <3

Tai winked to her mate, nodded to Coal and turned back to the task a hand. aking a good grip around the bull's leg, she waited for her brother to do the same on the other leg. Once everyone was in place she gave a muffled command to commence: "Heave!" She cried, as loud as she could through the elk's leg. With that, she tugged, her claws digging into the earth and her musceles burning; her face scrunched up with the pure effort of mvoing the beast.

Kohana lashed his tail with the effort of it all, his teeth sunked deep into the bull's leg, his ice blue eyes wide open and wide with concentration, his ears flattened against his skull. He could feel it moving, gradually sliding across the ground, almost completly clear of the cave entrance now.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:23 pm

Coal began to yank at the tail, eyes squeezed closed and feet scrabbling. She too felt movement and her tail wagged excitedly behind her as it kept moving and moving. A second later though she felt a snap and suddenly she just a had a piece in her mouth. Part of the tail just ripped off! She smirked for a second before dropping the stray piece and latching her teeth up higher and pulled again.

Kyo watched from up above. Almosst there! He encouraged, watching the pathway get more and more clear. They were seeming to be doing a much better job now. Soon it looked like there was an easy passageway for wolves to get in and out of the den much more. I think you got it. He spoke, clambering down from his highpoint. If anything we can eat and then pull the rest without the weight later.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:35 pm

Taima paused, deciding that Kyo was right, and that any wolf could easily get thorugh the gap they created. She pulled away from the elk, leaving the large imprint of her teeth along the beast's leg. She panted for a short moment then sat back on her haunches, relieved.

Kohana unlatched his jaw from the leg the moment they stopped, leaving his jaw hanging open, his tongue lolling out aimlessly. He flopped onto his side, snapping his mouth shut as he did so.... biting his tongue. "Ow, ow, ow!" He gargled, his voice distorted by the lack of usage of his tounge. He rolled onto his back and lay there, staring blankly at the sky and trying to ignore his now throbbing tongue.

Taima rolled her eyes and chuckled, glancing at her collapsed brother. "Nice Alpha skills, Ko." She said sarcastically, bedning down to lick a few flecks of dirt from her chest.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:47 pm

Kyo grinned his winning half-smile to Kohana while shaking his head. Lookss like were a match now huh? He tilted his neck, referencing to his own jaw he let a prey crash into a day or so ago. It wasn't hurting as bad anymore since he had stopped pulling, giving himself a bit of encouragement that it was getting better much quicker than expected and that it'd be fully healed within a day or so. He flicked his tail, pulling up a small bubble from a patch of moss.

Coal let go of the now tail-stub and sat down on her haunches, tired, but quite pleased. She almost let her eyes close when suddenly she rocketed back up. The pups! Spinning around, she ran around the huge beast thay had just moved, and back into the cave. She went to the back and around the small corner, once again meeting the little ones. She picked up the puppy and let Caspian follow on his own, walking back outside the mouth of the cave. There is your daddy mister Caspian. She nosed the wolf pup.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:04 pm

Kohana stuck his tongue back into his mouth, shaking his head frantically. Mo mo, 'm 'ine... oh 'oot!" He calmped his jaw shut. This better not last long... he shut his eyes, that was until Caspian was placed beside him. He rolled over to greet the pup properly. "Are you okay now- my voice is fine again! But anway, are you okay?" He question his 'son'

Taima rolled her eyes at her brother again before padding over to the pool to lay down beside it, her paws dangling in the water as she stared blankly into the water.

Gotta go to bed now! Sorry!
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:07 pm

Caspian nodded slowly. "I guess." He said, trotting back over to the water pool, as if nothing had happened. The tags around his neck jingled. Kohana hadn't seemed to notice.

--

The puppy squirmed.

--

Akua had tried to find a place between all the wolves to help and pull the large beast away, but she couldn't fit herself in. So she just watched.

--

Rakoo heard their trouble, and had been watching from a distance. He had begun to feel more un-welcome here, whenever everyone was around. Tai just seemed to hate him, Kohana always seemed to keep his eye on him, and Kyo... He just wasn't sure about him yet. He stalked back into the campsite, and inched toward the water, where Caspian had leaped into again. He watched the little pup, and let out a quiet sigh.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:02 pm

Coal flopped down in a patch of grass, quite nearby everyone but still in her own patch. She closed her eyes, letting the sun warm her dark fur, and just enjoyed the sudden peaceful moment.

Kyo too took advantage of the sudden stillness.... by quickly disrupting it by jumping straight into the middle of the pool. He created quite a large wave and splash, if Taima, or anyone else near the edge didn't move soon they'd sure to be nailed. He let himself sink, little bubbles escaping from little air pockets in his coat, wriggling and floating their ways back up to the surface.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:04 am

Kohana huffed. Why must children be so difficult. He stood were he was, swaying slightly for some reason. He sat down, deep in though about Caspian. Why was the pup so cold. Was it just to him, or everyone? He huffed again.

Taima had her eyes shut, pleased not to be disturbed... a corner of her mind was still worrying about Coal, but all thought were quickly wiped out by a loud splash followed by a cascade of water landing ontop of Tai. Her eyes snapped open to see Kyo in the water. She chuckled and flicked some water at him with a paw, but she didn't seem to have the energy or motivation to join him.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:17 am

Coal popped an eye open to the sound of a splash and pulled her head up to see over the long stalks of grass. What she did see however was Kohana seeming almost a little out of it. She didn't want to disturb the Alpha... but he looked really concerned. Kohana? She asked, standing up and shaking both wet and dry stray grass pieces off of herself. You okay?

Kyo tipped his head softly as his mate didn't do much but sit up and be startled. She must be really exhausted. Getting an idea he swam to the other side of the pool, disappering into the dense foliage.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:50 am

Kohana lifted his head, his ears switching forward at the sound of Coal's voice. A little surpirsed, he turned his ice blue gaze over to the young fae. He nodded, slowly and unsurely. He wouldn't want to burden any member of his pack with his problems, particularly not on its most fragile member. "I am fine, thank you." He said shakily, his eyes flitting to the floor.

Taima watched her mate with interest in her eyes. However, so had no motive to follow him, and she lay back down and closed her eyes, worries about Coal still circling around her mind. Why was it such a problem for her? Rakoo wasn't aloud her as a mate anyway, she knew Kohana wouldn't have it. So why was it such an issue?
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:56 am

Coal's ears flicked backwards for a moment. No... she tipped her head, looking at the Alpha with caring concern. No, it's not is it? It's not all just fine... You can tell me you know. The fae encouraged, her tail swishing back and forth behind her just once. Or you don't have to. You could maybe talk to someone you trust more or know better. It might help you. Coal's leaf green eyes got soft, caring showing behind them. Kohana did look worried to her.

Still, in the back of her mind though she had a nag herself... she had to talk with Taima like she had planned....

Kyo bounced in between bushes, weaving his way towards his goal. He watched a bird fly by and sniffed a flower that he passed. The stress of the stampede and the pull over with, he was quite carefree.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:07 am

Kohana flattened his ears; he did not share his sister's talent for hiding emotions. He kept his eyes glued firmly to the ground. "It's Caspian... but... oh, I doesn't matter." He sighed, getting up only to turn in a circle before sitting down again. It concerned him deeply; he knew Caspian wasn't technically his pup, but still... Cove was so willing to listen to him, so happy and open. But her brother; not so much. And it hurt Kohana, deep down.

Taima dozed by the waters edge, her tail dipped into the water and quivering slightly from the current. She was only faintly aware of her surroundings, the sway of the tree and the song of the birds seeming miles away.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:20 am

Coal scrunched her eyes. Caspian? She looked over the Alpha's large shoulder to watch the pup that was playing in the distance. What about him? She pressed on, a little worried that she might be pushing him too far. He was fine when I was watching him.

Kyo finally pushed through the forest-like foliage and got to his 'prize.' He nipped up a few sprigs and rushed back, leaves and twigs snapping in his wake, some tangling into his currently green fur. It seemed to take a much shorter time getting back then getting there. Soon he was at the pool again, Tai on the other side. Smiling, he padded quietly around, attempting to sneak. Once touching distance away from his mate, he bent his neck down, placing the sweet-smelling lilac around her ears and paws. Then he ran away like there was no tomorrow, chuckling.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:36 am

Kohana shook his head violently, stamping at the ground with a forepaw. "No it's not that, he's physically sound..." He wasn't saying the pup was insane, but he just didn't have the slightest clue what was going on in the pup's head. Coal didn't understand, how could she? It was strange really, that it was as big an issue as it was.

Taima was asleep by the time Kyo returned. She didn't even notice him depoisting the lilac flowers or scampering away.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:43 am

Coal nodded no longer pressing the matter. If he wanted to continue then he would, otherwise it would just stay the same Sometimes it was better to let the person decide for themselves. She laid back down, tail wrapped around her back leg, waiting for anything.

Kyo had jumped into some bushes, making his fur even worse in the process, hiding from Tai. When he poked his head out to see though he saw that she was sleeping. He sighed, slumping his hackles. This might take a while.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:58 am

Kohana turned his face away from Coal and flopped onto his side, rolling over to stare at the sky, his tail flicking aimlessly and his gaze blank. He just didn't know what to do! Perhaps he would ask his mate next time he saw her. Yes, she would know.

Taima blink her eyes open, the rest of her body not moving. She must have dozed off... for how long she didn't know. Where had Kyo gone? She did hope he hadn't gotten himself into trouble; she's had enough of that for quite a while... she was about to get up before she noticed the lavender sprinkled around her. For a moment she contemplated it, a little confused. Then a knowinf expression crossed her face. "Kyo." She whispered, chuckling to herself. She remained in the same spot, her eyes flitting about, searching for where he might me hiding.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:07 pm

Understanding, Coal turned away, grabbing the ever struggling puppy now known as Keoko and curling up with in a few yards away.

Kyo was trying his hardest to not snicker out loud in the bushed as Tai looked around for him, undoubtely figuring out it was him. However, even his silent, stifled laughing was probably giving him away as it was slightly rustling the bushes surrounding him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:15 pm