Huyana: The World of Imagination

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huyana is a haven to us to explore the corners of our literate imaginations

5 posters

Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves

ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves - Page 27 Empty Re: Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves

Post  ToastWhisperer Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:17 pm

Rakoo glanced back at her, nodding. "Yeah. Are you okay?"
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves - Page 27 Empty Re: Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves

Post  Alli Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:16 pm

Coal pulled her head back, trying to muster a fake smirk. W-well yeah. Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:29 pm

Rakoo shrugged. "Come on, let's go."
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:51 am

Coal once again nodded, slinking forwards towards their quarry. She looked around trying to find a good target. There was one particular doe that stood out from the rest, but quickly she saw why. It was severely pregnant and probably was close to giving birth. While they were looking for prey, she still had a heart and simply refused to kill adolecents or mothers. Instead she spied a buck, just sitting a bit outside the crowd. Bingo. ..? Still she felt extremely nervous. Sauntering closer, she got striking distance away.
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:49 am

Rakoo, however, had spotted another buck, away from Coal. "I'll be over here." He said to her, just above a whisper. He stalked forward, creeping along on the tops of his toes. The buck was a sickly fellow. Lying miserably down. It seemed to have had a hard life. He felt a pang of regret. He couldn't kill this poor guy! He just didn't have the heart. Instead, he slunk back over to Coal. "Nevermind. Let's stick together."
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:24 am

Coal nodded an "Okay" and slunk forwards with Rakoo. It helped her nerves a bit hunting with him. He was quite a bit larger than she was and size really did seem to matter in the hunting scene. Finally when the time was right she burst outside of the hiding spot, lunging with all her strength towards the hulking beast. They really did catch the buck by surprise because when she burst out it did this weird jump, loosing its footing and landing on its side. Coal took this opportunity and ran towards its exposed belly, forgetting about the strong, flailing legs. It was too late, she was already in striking distance by the time she skidded to a stop. The fae yelped, getting missed by a slamming hoove by inches, in attempts to wheel herself around. Without success she then ran herself into it, running over it and on the other side. She looked up to see how Rakoo was doing.
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:25 pm

Rakoo looked over at her, offering her a small smile. He attempted to tackle the large animal. He jumped on it's back, digging his nails in and biting it's neck. It's hooves reered up wildly. He was thrown off, rolling into the dirt. He growled angrily, climbing to his feet and shaking off. He ran after him again.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:36 pm

Seeing that Rakoo had missed and had been thrown off the beast that was now attempting to get up again she hurled her own body weight on top before if finished scrambling to its knees. She bit onto the back of its neck for dear life and found herself on a wild ride. It kicked and thrashed, jostling her a good measure, but she didn't let go, determine to tackle the prey. Just a bit she felt it weaken, and in good time too, she couldn't hold on much more. Hopefully Rakoo would be able to deliver the rest needed to finish the job, they were getting close.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:26 pm

Why must my RP partners be so amazing and patient? Shows me up all the time. *Squishes you both* <333

----------------

Kohana's crystal eyes lit up as if the sun had penetrated a wall of ice to reveal a huge sparkling stone. "Alright! Let's start with a basic stalking technique used for sneaking up on smaller prey like hares or rabbits." He announced, gazing down at the pup with chest fur puffed up with excitement. "Okay, first get into position. You have to lower your body to the ground, and keep your head low and eyes looking ahead. Make sure you tail is still and not brushing against the grass or too high as too be seen above the undergrowth." He explained slowly, keeping upright and waiting for Caspian to try it for himself instead of watching a demonstration.

Taima nestled her head on top of Kyo's and rested her tail on his side, listening carefully as she drank in every detail that spilled from Kyo's mouth. It was something she didn't know; it was necessary to erased the doubt and replaced it with yet another fact. Of course, there was so much she didn't know, but it was her stubbornness that lead her to trying to eradicate any gaps in her knowledge, of which there were many. "Oh, okay. Perhaps I'll try it sometimes." she pondered, shutting he eyes for a moment as a wave of drowsiness rushed through her body, the touch of Kyo's warm fur against hers bringing a satisfied contentment.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:30 pm

Kyo thought for a moment, a small inner struggle fighting inside him. Finally he came to a decision, his gold and green eyes falling upon his beautiful mate softly. Well.. I was thinking about doing one tonight. A real one. Not something small like this one was. If you are very quiet and able to not make noise then you may watch... that is if you wanted to. He added quickly. The quiet was needed for true mental stillness, clearing of the mind. I'll also need quite a few supplies, but I can take care of those. The brute ran quickly over his mental 'shopping list' for the thing he basically had committed himself to. His eyes fell upon Taima's two necklaces, her one pendent and the pearled one, a small sense of relief falling over his features.

Love ya Teak. <3
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:17 am

Yeah, love you teak <3 Your awesome.

--

Rakoo launched himself forward like a rocket or firecracker on the 4th of july. While the animal was trying hard to stay up, he managed to clamp his teeth in the right place on the back of his legs, making it buckle. He then hurried forward, and bit the animals neck. He still trashed a bit, attempting to stand again. Rakoo drew blood. The animal was dead. He breathed heavily, tired. "Good... Job... Coal! Good job!"

--

Caspian did what he said, as best as he could so that he'd please his father. He put his body low to the ground, keeping his tail low and straight out behind him. He didn't make a sound. He watched ahead. "What now?" He whispered, in case any animals were watching.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:50 am

Coal panted heavily, the tussle and 'ride' she had tiring her out. A small smile creased her lips though and she bobbed her head in agreement. Slowly her breath regained and she licked her maw, cleaning it. So.. should we drag it by the antlers? Or should you just do it? Her head tipped to the side in question.
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:55 am

Rakoo grinned. "Let's just pull it by the antlers, so that when we come into camp, they know we both caught it." He latched his mouth around one of the antlers, narrowly avoiding a spiky antler. He bit down hard, to make sure the antlers wouldn't be moving around in his mouth. He began to pull.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:26 am

So much love you guys <3 and yay for half term Very Happy

Taima tilted her head to the side, feeling like student, almost. She stared deep into his eyes, his gaze comforting and beautiful; an image Taima could never shake from her mind. Perfect. She gave a furious nod of agreement, "I'd love to. I can keep as quiet as you need," despite being very strong-willed and stubborn, Taima was stunningly obedient when it cam to following orders to the letter. Only if she wanted to, or she had been severely frightened into it.[b] "What will you be needing?" [b]she asked inquisitvely, wondering what sorts of things one would need for this 'meditation'.

Kohana inspected Caspian's stance carefully, checking ofr any imperfections or obvious errors. It seemed brilliant for a first try. Kohana beamed at his 'son' and continued, keeping his voice soft as the whispering breeze,[b] "okay, great, now you need to stalk you prey," [b]he searched out a twig laying in a patch of sunlight, bathed in gold. The perfect practise target. "Aim for that stick there. You must think about each paw step, and watch for leaves or twigs that might reveal your presence. Once you're a decent distance away, I'll tell you how to pounce." he explained carefully, imagining going thorugh each motion himself, already scanning the ground in front of the pup for any obstacles.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:34 am

Kyo tilted his head to the side, mind running through all the things he needed again, only this time just with stuff that Taima could help with. He didn't even notice the way she was looking at him, that soft intense stare. Hmm... poppyseeds, cobwebs, water, some dried flower that gives off a lot of scent... and the rest I'll manage myself. A half grin pulled up on his lips, he was actually kinda excited to show Taima this work of his. It was tremendously hard, but it would be well worth it.

Okay. Replied Coal, going on the other side of the prey and grabbing the other antler with her soft mouth. She too began pulling, both wolves kinda looking like oxen dragging some heavy equipment behind them or something. It wactualy wasn't as hard as she thought it was going to be. Coal hoped this would help their cause.
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:43 am

Rakoo hummed softly, pulling it gently along as he didn't want to hurt his back. These things were heavy! He tugged it along until he saw the edge of the forest and the clearing of their camp. He stopped when they reached the edge, un-clasping his mouth and licking his jaws. "Okay, I think we should put this in one of the dens, so that another animal doesn't get it. We can show it to everyone later. Is that okay?" He asked, tilting his head.

--

Caspian nodded. He crouched abit lower, sneaking along the ground. He saw a very crunchy looking leaf afew inches from hit feet, and he paused, glaring at it. He snaked his body around it. It blew abit in the wind, touching his back paw. He jumped, but soon calmed down again, and then pounced on the stick. He set one paw on it, and held one end in his mouth. He knawed on it for a few seconds, and then picked it up in his mouth. "I did it! I got it!" He said, prancing back to his 'dad'. He dropped it at his feet, grinning proudly.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:26 pm

Okay. Coal complied, once again nodding her head in following assumption. It was as if she was a bobblehead, just agreeing with everything Rakoo was saying and doing what she was told. She licked a fleck of dirt off her paw, wriggling each toe. Her mouth was a little tight due to all the pulling, but she said nothing. After all they were doing this for him, not her. She blinked, waiting for more instruction.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:57 pm

... I miss you guys.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:06 pm

I am so, so, SO sorry. Real Life hasn't been treating me kindly at all. And instead of keeping my friends and RP partner in the loop, I disappear of the face of the planet because I can't deal with it... It's so terrible but I just can't bring myself to get online. Days turned to months and I was so ashamed I couldn't bear it. I'm so sorry, I really am... I still want to RP this? Do you guys still want to too? I'm sorry for being so awful and rude and just... Inconsiderate by poofing like that.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:24 pm

Teeaaaakk... (hug) I'm so sorry life hasn't been kind to you. Sad i'm sorta feelin' ya, got a lot on my plate recently. I don't know if Toast even comes on anymore, I could try contacting her through CS though. I would still LOVE to rp this rp, I haven't given up on it... checked the site every single day. I can't tell you how much my heart leaped for joy when I saw you were here yesterday. Smile
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:06 pm

Taima tilted her head as she thought over the normal medicinal uses of the items on Kyo's list. This meditation concept was beginning to appear more complicated than she had primarily imagined. Her excitement grew with the prospect of new knowledge, for although her current confusion frustrated her the opportunity to learn overpowered it. Taima's intelligence was the trait she took the most pride in. Her strength was unimpressive, her speed and agility simply average. Although her stride was graceful and her fur as impeccable as her Cavern, she didn't have the reflexes or swift paws of her brother. Therefore her smarts shown through, simply undeniable. Admittedly, she thought too greatly of how clever she was sometimes but at the end of the day Taima simply loved to learn. So here so was, learning. She nodded eagerly again, hopping up to grab the supplies from the Cavern. "Alright then. I'll go fetch those for you." She flashed him a grin, green eyes catching the dappled sunlight momentarily before she disappeared, bounded off into her Cavern to collect the ingredients. Cobweb, poppy seed... Taima had pluck a large leaf from outside and carefully piled each item onto it, perfectly positioned in her typical perfectionist manner.

--------

Kohana beamed down at his 'son', tail waving merrily in the air. He bounced slightly on the spot in glee, bobbing his head happily, "Excellent! Just excellent! Very smart to watch out for leave and other obstacles. Always be especially careful for those. Well, how do you feel about sniffing out some real prey since that went so well?" He had to keep himself from speaking to fast in his tones of joy, lifting his dark muzzle to the air. Sniffing carefully, he detected a rabbit or two in the area. It felt so... Amazing to be doing something positive with Caspian. He felt constantly distant from his 'son' and he disliked it. His manner was deliberately cold but his emotions often became confused. He mixed the present with days past and had trouble seeing the wonders of the wolves currently in his life because his judgement was clouded by the wolves that once haunted his life. He wasn't like his sister in the way that everything was organised; he was rather scatter-brained and he tended to panic easily. He struggled with emotions and understanding them, both his and others. He tried though, he always would. He loved his son, whether his blood course through him or not.

ooc;; Aw Ally D: Sorry to hear life isn't too good for you either. Things are clearing up now for me, but I'm just really busy. I'm not sure about Toast, but I have a CS account too so I can try contact her as well. Even though I've been gone so long and cannot forgive myself for being so awful I still want to RP with you <33
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:12 am

Kyo watched Taima go and sat for a while collecting his thoughts. After a small bit of time he stood up, getting up to gather his vast collection of things he would need for the meditation. He sniffed through the forest a rather shade of blue to portray his "work" focus, his floating water bubble getting bigger and bigger as he got more and more things. Soon he found himself near the forest outskirts, close to the changing point to where you could begin to see pine trees. He took a bit of water from his bubble and splashed it over his face, letting the wetness drip over his maw and cheeks. Kyo shook his head and pressed forwards, going towards a stray pine tree as close to their forest as possible. Even just on the borderline outskirts the water Shaman could feel the difference in the humidity and temperature. It always put him a bit on edge, and for good reason. Soon he was face to face with his targeted pine tree, the prickly plant standing loomingly over him. He grabbed the end of an eye-level branch and began to tug, having a poky tug of war with the tough tree. His eyebrows pinched focusing harder on pulling off the branch. "Come... on... tree.. let.. go.." He "spoke" with each tug, putting strain into his back and legs. He was pulling so hard that when the branch finally did give up and snap the currently very blue wolf found himself tumbling backwards, landing in a pile of dropped brittle pine needles. He yelped as they poked through his fur onto his skin, creating a rather uncomfortable poking sensation. He lept up, prize branch still in his mouth, and shook, sending the pesky needles off his back flying. There was one however that had actual partially poked through his skin, right on the part of his back where it crested and he couldn't reach. "Awesome..." He mumbled, realizing he'd need someone to pull it out. He didn't want to roll or anything like that in fear it might push in farther. Quickly he sent the pine branch to his more than full bubble getting out of the more arid area and back towards home.

Coal did as Rakoo said, placing the prey where he said to. Her mouth was sore from dragging the large meal and her muscles were tired from the hunting and everything else. She noddded her head quickly to him and left without another word. On her way to her pack den she spied Taima seeming to be collecting some herbs and such. Tiredly she bobbed her head in respect to the female Shaman and drug her paws the rest of the way to her den, curling into her usual spot. Her steely eyes almost instantly fell from the top, closing into a sleepy turmoil. She was confused and needed rest.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:03 pm

Taima finished her pile, setting down the last poppy seed onto the leaf. Flicking her tail to conjure a bubble of water from the well, she lifted the leaf carefully from the ground with water. Checking to make sure everything was still neatly arranged, she began to make her way out of the cavern. She caught a glimpse of Coal, coming back from goodness-knows-where, and returned her dip of the head. She seemed tired, though Taima couldn't tell why. There was nothing particularly unusual about her aura, she didn't think...

Gliding outside with light paw steps, she paused to scan the clearing, searching for her fellow Shaman. She could faintly catch his scent in the distance, gradually getting stronger. Taima looked back at her bubble, pulling it closer to float beside her head with a swish off her white tail.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:04 pm

Coal fell asleep with several thoughts chasing her mind. It left her physically chewing on her lower lip, eyebrows pinched together instead of the usual calm features she had as she slept. She had promised something that now she was beginning to perhaps regret. Where her heart and where her duty... and where her friendship lied were all weirdly congealed together right now, no straight line in the sand. She needed someone to walk and talk to.

Kyo waited by the far side of the water, looking irritatedly at the pokey needle in his back. It was stuck just enough to cause enough discomfort to constantly notice, more like an annoyance than anything else. He was antsy to begin, but he'd have to wait to the sunset. The wind shifted and with the change came the soft scent of Taima. A small half smile crept up the side of his face at the simplest thought of her. He couldn't help it, he was in love.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:51 am

Taima followed Kyo's sweet scent trail, paw-steps quickening the closer she came. Her eyes lit up in the sunlight as she spotted his form just through the bushes. She bounded through and halted gracefully in front of him. She opened her mouth to say something, until she noticed the agitated look on his face. Taima tilted her head, scanning his face and then the rest of his body. "What's wrong?" she questioned, a hint of concern creeping into her voice. She wasn't usually one to fret about other people's injuries; it was her job to fix them, not became hysterical about them. However, when it came to her Mate she couldn't help but worry after his safety. She stepped closer, sniffing him carefully, trying to search out the problem. Something was causing him discomfort, though it seemed small and difficult to pin-point.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm