Huyana: The World of Imagination

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huyana is a haven to us to explore the corners of our literate imaginations

5 posters

Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves

Teak
    Teak

Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves - Page 29 Empty Re: Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves

Post  Teak Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:53 pm

asdfghjk thank you <3 I'm sorry I never saw this! Life's been a bit crazy for me since I started the new school year. The work has been waaay more demanding and I just kind of got caught up and all the work kinda fried my muse. I'm really sorry I keep doing this :c I'm making it a new year's resolution to properly honour my commitments and this counts as one! I hope everything's okay with you c:

I might just say the pups also disappeared for now, if not just to make Kohana more upset mwahaha.

He woke up with a start. He had been dreaming but he could not remember what about. He tried to grasp it, a fleeting image of what he had experienced that had caused him to wake up so suddenly but after a few moments of trying her realied it was futile. He would not be able to recollect it. Instead he rose from his empty nest and exited his empty den into the empty clearing.

Expect it wasn't empty. Coal was already up, too. She had seemed sad lately (he suspected he knew why) and so he decided that today's mission was to cheer her up. He was Alpha, after all, and he considered it part of his job to ensure every member of the pack experienced their fair share of joy. He trusted his sister and Kyo to conduct themselves sensibly if strayed from the clearing.

Never one to approach quietly, Kohana started towards the pool at a lope and leapt into the water with amusingly little grace, diving to the bottom, pushing against the riverbed with his forepaws and quickly resurfacing, coming face to face with Coal.
    "Good morning!" He chirped, all thoughts of cold lonely nights safely out of the front of his mind, "How would you like to hunt with me today? If we could get a deer we'd be able to feed Taima and Kyo too." He beamed at her, allowing the water to wash all worried and thoughts about forgotten dreams from his body as he awaited her response.

--

She woke up slowly, drifting into consciousness as she become aware of the light against her eyelids, of the lack of the warm shape of her mate next to her. She shifted with a sleepy mumurr, expecting to come into contact with him again by shuffling over a few inches. Still nothing. With a stifled grumble she realised this meant it was time for her to get up and so she peeled her emerald eyes open carefully, blinking into the sunlight filtering through the cavern and bathing it in a warm glow.

It took her a while to actually stand up, longer than it usually did. She did not usually stay up so late, nor were her nights - or her days - usually so draining. She had to glanced down at her chest to see if the crystal was still there. Sure enough there it was, glittering in the sun's rays.

Though it took her a while to stand up it did not take her long to locate her mate. He seemed to be struggling to... walk outside? Had something happened, another side effect of last night or had his eyesight not returned? Approaching him carefully so as not to frighten him, she came up beside him and laid a tail on his shoulders.
    "This way," she instructed carefully, leading him into the daylight. It seemed to be around late morning though she couldn't tell by one quick glance upwards.

She turned her attention back to Kyo, leading him further out the cave.
    "Are you alright? Is it your eyesight or something else?" she asked with concern, leaning over to nuzzle his shoulder briefly. She did not realise the side-effects would last this long.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves - Page 29 Empty Re: Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves

Post  Alli Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:55 am

Nah absolutely no worries, being in college myself, I totally understand what it feels like to be swamped and overloaded with school. I always pop on over here from time to time to see if there is a reply, I really am in no particular rush. For me it is cool to see that even though a lot of time goes by that we still have this go on. I love it.

I hope that your holidays went well, as usual for me they were a tad crazy but in all honesty I think everyone's is like that to some extent. I am glad to hear from you again, I've missed you!

Coal had been getting her fill of a morning drink when suddenly Kohana came walking in from the Alpha's den. He launched himself at the water with about as much grace as a walrus, big ripples coming off the water radially from his entry point and towards the place she stood at. The water lapped at her paws, barely reaching past the tips. A reluctantly bemused smile reached her face, shaking off a bit of the coldness that had been holding onto her features. The brute was certainly himself, that was for sure.

Not too much time went by and before the female could have a moment to mentally drift off Kohana's large dark blue frame came bursting out of nowhere, pulling himself up enough so that the two were inches from being nose to nose. She balked back, surprised by it.

"G- Good morning," she stammered. It had been a while since she had spoken really and the first time she tried her voice had cracked. She listening to the rest of his words. A hunt huh? Already she had been planning on going out and getting food, but perhaps together they could actually bring back something substantial. Kohana had always been a wolf without judgement to her, there always seemed to be an easiness about him. It felt okay to let your guard down a bit. Coal thought about it more for a second, all those thoughts running through her head. "Yes, okay." She finally agreed, head nodding.

Shaking her pelt out the fae walked backwards, allowing the brute room to leave the water. Her tail swished a few times, eyes looking around hastily. She sniffed the air lightly, already pre-scenting for any sort of potential prey to go after. No such luck however, the only thing the wind carrying being the crisp forest air and some pollen.

--

Kyo must have not been either a) been getting very far as Taima found him rather quickly, or b) very quiet... as Taima found him rather quickly. Before he knew it a familiar brush on his shoulders told him that his mate had got to him, small directions on where he should actually go.

"Dangit." He replied hastily, tail flopping itself downward in dejection. He had been hoping that he would not be caught and could come back after his drink, letting her rest. Yet with such an insightful mate such as Tai, he should have really been expecting nothing less. It was darn near impossible to get anything past her. "No, no I am fine," he soothed, turning his head towards her. "I was just trying to get myself a drink." He blinked twice, her shape still fuzzy, but with more color than had previously been had. He walked alongside her as she led, explaining himself a bit more.

"It is still just my eyes. To be honest I would have thought that it would have been better than this by now, but at the same point I have never had a meditation or practice with that such detail before so I guess it could be warranted." Even though he could not clearly see he could sense that worry was etched over her face. "Already I can see improvements though so I am not worried that I will be long-set impaired. It should come back rather rapidly from here I'd assume."

Thanks to her guiding, Kyo ended up in front of some water. He bent down quickly, black and pink tongue dragging in the cool liquid into his body rapidly. His pelt flushed a very light shade of green, hardly enough to be noticeable.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:46 pm

Thank you c: I hope college is going well even if it is really hectic! I don't remember the exact date I started the thread on Foo anymore but I'm pretty sure it was sometime in December of '10, which would make this three years old o: pretty crazy! I'm so happy we've kept it going after so long :3

Holidays are good, going back to school on the 7th. I have a ton of homework still to complete but aside from that I haven't been too busy. And Happy New Year, by the way! Yay for 2014! And I missed you too <3

It wasn't easy being optimistic at a time like this after he had lost so much but Kohana had always resolved to keep moving forward no matter what. Besides, he hasn't definitely lost them. It just seemed that way at the moment but without confirmation (read: a body) he refused to believe the disappearance was permanent. So he ploughed on as though he was epecting his mate and pups to came bounded back any moment.

Coal on the other hand did not seem to be taking her own loss so well. He had never been to involved with Rakoo besides keeping a careful eye on him so he didn't know how close they had become but by the way she had detracted into herself recently he suspected it was quite a lot.

Not matter. They had to keep moving forward. He beamed at her when she accepted her offer, almost relieved she was willing to get up and do something. That was always a positive sign, he thought. The lighter swirls that blossomed over his darker blue pelt glowed softly as he did a final twirl in the water before pulling himself onto the bank again, dripping wet. He was not wet for long however, as with a flick of his ears and tail he pulled the water from his fur.

"Well then," he declared, starting towards the forest and turning back to ensure Coal was following him, "Shall we go?"

--

She looked at him dubiously as he insisted he was fine, tail never leaving his flank as they began to shuffle towards the pond. This was something she could not heal; there were no plants to heal blindness, much less blindness caused by meditation. Honestly, the amount of new concepts and events that had happened lately must excited and frightened her. She had always been almost obsessed with learning but she could not help but fear that which she did not know. She had never been one for spontaneity.

Kyo explained what he believed was happening and her dubiousness only grew, turning into full-out anxiety. Taima dared not imagine what she would feel like if she became partly responsible for the loss of her mate's eyesight. Failing to heal someone was bad enough, but inadvertently causing an impediment like that, to someone she cared about so much... it didn't bare thinking about.

"I hope you're right," she muttered as they finally arrived at the water's edge. She joined her fellow shaman in lapping up the cool liquid before sitting up and observing Kyo carefully, tail still resting lightly on his flank. "Well I don't think there's anything pressing we have to attend to today, so you have time to rest." Aside from solving the mystery of the crystal hanging around her neck there really wasn't much to attend to and even that could be put aide for the sake of Kyo's health. Kohana and Coal seemed to be out, probably hunting. There was nothing else to account for that she could think of. "Don't worry about doing anything today. Just relax and wait for you eyesight to fully return." She hoped it would, and soon.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:09 pm

Geez, 3 years?? Wow!

Coal watched as the Alpha left the water, expelling it all instantly from his fur. It left a small smile on her face as some of it pelted her, one drop splashing on her nose. She wriggled it off and sneezed, tail flagging inadvertently as she did so. She stepped forwards and followed him, the brute taking lead.

The female did not know how he managed it. Kohana still seemed to be the ever-chipper wolf, even with the disappearance of his mate and the pups some time ago. While she of course never wished for anything like that to have had to happen to him, Coal commended the brute on his ability to stay his same self. He was a good wolf and just leader, and she respected him for it. However, the fae still couldn't justify herself to be the same way. She had been too meek and timid before, allowing herself to be too open, dependent. Well, now those gates were closed. Spending as much time as she did in the vacant pack den had allowed her to think a lot, mind naturally scanning to pick apart every last little detail of herself. Kyo and Taima had each other, and even though Kohana had lost so much, he still had a sister. Coal on the other paw was well.. simply Coal. Naturally she had gravitated herself to the only other being that had been around.

The female jumped over a fallen log, it pulling herself out of her thoughts a bit. The soft earth muffled the sound of her landing completely as she came down. A bird chirped overhead, making her ears flick.

Still she hadn't scented anything and it seemed neither had the brute. They moved continually forward, moving towards the typical hunting grounds as it looked like. During the entire time she fell quiet, not sure of really anything to say.

__

Again despite his lack of full vision Kyo could "see" that Taima was on edge about his sight. To be honest he really wasn't sure of what much else to say, really all he could do was wait. He did not worry half as much as she did and he was the one with the ailment. After all, this had always happened to some extent after he meditated, and even though it had never lasted this long as he said he had never gone so deep in it before so it'd make sense right?

Besides, it already had gotten better somewhat.

He laid down with his mate, listening to her words. They seemed laced with worry, telling him to take it easy and heal.
    "Tai- really. I'm alright." His paw reached out and went over one of hers as a way to console her. "Besides, even if I was stuck like I am now I would learn how to work with it. Partial sight is better than none."

It may not have been the best thing to say, but he didn't know what else to do as he also didn't have any answers. His black nose stuck out, straining to see the outline of her face. Upon locating it he reached out, licking the soft space between her own eyes.

"A rest day does sound nice though."
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:17 pm

Keeping his spirits up was hard. Of course it was. It was not easy to look grief in the eye and laugh at it but, for the sake of his pack, he had to and so he did. Kohana was scatty, silly and not very good at being serious most of the time but one could not doubt his sense of duty. It was important to him that they did not see how he was breaking. Taima would notice if she had the time to look but nowadays it seemed she didn't. That suited him well enough. He wasn't about to go seeking a pity party with his sister any time soon. She was terrible at comforting others, even about matters she could be sympathetic about like this.

So instead he focused on the member of the pack who was not occupied, like him. He had always made an effort to be kind to Coal but he though perhaps she felt a little left out and when Rakoo had come along she had had someone to feel left out with. Something like that anyway. He wasn't too good at emotional analysis. He just knew she seemed down and he didn't want that.

However the world seemed to be against them that day for the forest was almost uncannily quiet. He heard the occasionally fluttering of wings over head and tiny rustles in the bushes, but no sounds belonging to prey that would actually be worth hunting. He tilted his head to the side, opening his mouth slightly to scent the air properly. Still nothing of note.

"You'd think on a nice day like this the deer would be springing about everywhere, huh?" he commented to Coal cheerfully, glancing above them at the sunlight filtering through the canopy. He nearly bumped into a rotting log but noticed it just in nick of time and hopped over after Coal. This wasn't the pick-me-up hunting expedition he was hoping for so far.

--

Were there any herbs she could use to help? Taima filtered through dozens of herbs and uses in her 'mind library', narrowing her eyes in concentration as she tried to unearth every least flower, root and leaf she had ever heard of and their corresponding uses. Nothing to help with impaired vision. At least not impaired vision brought on by such unusual circumstances. Eyes were a tricky area to begin with; it was difficult to understand what caused problems with eyes a lot of the time because obvious and treatable physical symptoms weren't present.

Not that she'd had a lot of experience with eye injuries. Worst she'd seen was some poor brute from her old pack kicked in the right eye by a buck when the pack was hunting. Bloody mess, it was, left a terrifying scar.

But that wasn't the point. This wasn't a hutning accident. This was... well, she didn't really know what it was. Kyo's words only troubled her more.
    "Don't say that. Loosing the better use of your vision just to show me... whatever that was... It's not..." Not what? Right? Fair? Normal? For once, she couldn't find the appropriate word. There simply wasn't one.

At his last sentence she smiled softly, rising from her seat position but keeping her tail on Kyo's side.
    "Well then a rest day you shall have. Unless Kohana gets him and Coal stuck down a rabbit hole I think we're out of work for today." It was a good thing, she supposed, having now work but she never liked being idle for too long. But today wasn't about her. She touched her nose to the top of Kyo's head, "Whatever you want to do, we'll do. You can sleep all day if you like."
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Tue May 20, 2014 8:19 pm

Coal's shoulders shrugged as Kohana hefted himself over the fallen log. She wasn't as used to mutual conversation, but she knew his words were nothing but well intended so still she tried to keep good note. "One would only think." She replied with a nod.

All around them it seemed that the world was as quiet as nature came. Hardly even a breeze blew by to carry any hope of a scent and really the only sounds to be heard at all were the duo's own snapping of twigs and brush as they sauntered their way farther from their home. Many days Coal would do small excursions like this, just by herself, just to simply get out and do something with herself. However as they walked it seemed that direction of which they walked shifted, instead turning towards the western side and away from the hunting grounds. It was like a small light lite up inside the fae and in a quick instant her whole body had perked up. This was a new direction for her and that in of itself was enough to peak good interest within her.

Still they walked on, the scenery around them ominously quiet. They passed a huge willow tree as they moved, the outstretched roots shaded by the drooping boughs and leaves from its branches. It looked like a lovely place to sit and rest and had she been alone, she would have done just that. However with still a light goal and awareness that the Alpha was still right there with her she continued, passing the beautiful tree. Some other day perhaps.

Taking a few more paces the dark fae opened her mouth to start some light bit of conversation. However just as she was just about to say something a loud foreign snap off to their right forced her maw closed with a small 'clop.' Instantly Coal ducked herself down, looking at Kohana to see if he'd do the same.
    "Prey?" She breathed questioningly, hardly the air around her grabbing at the soft note of her breath.

__

It was quiet for some time where the two Shaman resided, both laying down and sitting by the water. Kyo had done his best to try to console his mate the best he could about his blurry vision, but it seemed to be that with every consolation he couldn't come up with anything that was enough to put poor Taima's mind at ease. So instead he let the conversation drop in hopes that she would not work herself into worrying worse.

Flopping over to his side, Kyo pushed with his legs until he was flat on his back with his belly to the air. His pelt was a lightened mix of both light blue and green, the residual blue from his aftereffect of the meditation and green from the current companionship of his mate. His tongue lolled out, the black and pink dotted appendage rolling lazily over the side of his nose and cheek.

"You know, I cannot remember a day that you and I have had off in rather long time, can you?"

His voice was cordial and sweet, despite it all it was obvious that he was rather enjoying his time being able to relax. It was not often that the Shaman did so since Tai always seemed to have a need to have something new accomplished. It was of no fault to her though of course and Kyo did like that she was so driven and well accomplished at her practice. .... So accomplished in fact that she had received that apparent relic. As soon as he got his full vision back he hoped to be able to see it as soon as possible.

Kyo's leg lifted itself twisting awkwardly to scratch an itch on his shoulder. He blinked a few times in the sun, trying to focus on an 'upside down' tree. While colors were still tremendously muted it did seem to be that at least the outlines of things were starting to get stronger - and from a farther distance too. He'd certainly take it.

"My love if it makes you feel any better I can already see the better gist that tree over there."

If anything the brute just wanted his sight to return faster so that his mate no longer needed to worry.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:45 am