Huyana: The World of Imagination

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huyana is a haven to us to explore the corners of our literate imaginations

5 posters

Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves

Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves - Page 20 Empty Re: Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves

Post  Alli Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:44 pm

Kyo whirled around once again in his dream. Where was everyone? Confused, he began to trot out of the meadow, towards what was the normal direction towards camp. He scented as he went, still not smelling a trace of his 'family.' Hello? He called out, getting close to the clearing. Finally he came out of the foliage, expecting to see everyone just laying about and for him to chuckle to himself about getting paranoid for nothing. Instead, he saw just that. Nothing. Tai? He called out again, voice not as strong as before. Kohana? He began to run towards the caves, peering into the pack den. Coal? No reply. He darted to the Cavern. Taima? Kohana?? Nothing. He ran back out, his heart beginning to race. AKUA?? Not a single reply.. Cove? Caspian?! ... Anybody?? He sat down on his haunches, throwing his head back, his pelt a washed out, transparent-like white. He fell into a long, drawled out howl, hears pinned back and tail tucked underneath him. When he ran out of air, he stopped, hoping and praying for a reply. A single gust of wind blew across his face, sending chills up his spine where it normally would have felt good to him. Taking anything he ran in the direction it blew, as if it were some sort of direction. TAIMA??!!
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves - Page 20 Empty Re: Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves

Post  ToastWhisperer Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:51 pm

Oh you know... being myself... Like, whenever they have a topic about something against my opinion... Being sarcastic, argumentive, and calm. ^-^ But, no new pets. And Foo has changed... More annoying and rude people, but lots of good new people, too. ALOT of new boys. And forkeh quit :C

--

Let me go and read through the rest of it, and then I'll reply C:
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:02 pm

Okay Toasty :3 And wow. Foo doesn't sound much different other than people. I miss my pets, I'm not gonna lie. Are people allowed to see other friends pets who are gone? Or no? Sorry for the questions, I'm just really curious as I used to love Foo.

OH! And I posted on Darkness.
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:08 pm

Cove padded over to Coal. "Coal! Im ready to go adventuring!" She said cheerily, her tail wagging behind her in a quick motion. She sat down. Now her tail thumped against the soil steadily, like a drum. She watched Coal, waiting for a response.

--

Caspian nodded. "Good." He said, half smiling. "Where should we go?"

--

Rakoo was on the edge of the territory, sleeping. He had been very tired lately. He wasn't dreaming. His mind was blank, much like Kyo's transparent fur. The warmth soaked into his fur, yet the shade of a small tree kept him at a decent temperature. Not too hot, not too cold. He sighed in his sleep, and a few moments later lazily blinked his eyes. He opened them fully, letting out a tired yawn. He closed his eyes again, falling back asleep.
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:13 pm

Okay, I will look at your post :3

And no problem, I don't mind answering them :3 And Im not sure... I do know that when you delete your pets, they get deleted as well. They don't go back to the adoption center :C As long as your friends with the person you can visit them.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:45 pm

Coal shook awake to the sound of Cove. She blinked her eyes open, focusing on the pups figure. Oh.. Oh sure kiddo. She slipped off the rock, shaking her pelt out. I'll follow you to the water!

Oh, interesting. And sorry for poofing! I blanked!
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:24 am

Cove nodded, and bounced on all four paws towards the water. She took a diving leap, making only a small ripple in the water. She swam to the bottom, and tried to prance along the bottom of the sand. She nosed through the seaweed.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:50 am

Argh! Sorry I've been busy-ish. My mother dragged me outside, and I have stuff to do on other sites too, RP replies, banners and layout work >.<

Kohana shrugged, but looked out towards the forest. "I suppose we could just venture out into the forest, eh? Avoid coal and Cove of course!" He laughed slightly and began to pad out towards the forest, pausing for Caspian to follow.

Taima woke up to find Coal gone, and the clearing pretty much empty. Now what should she do? She sighed and gazed blankly into the water.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:27 am

Kyo ran and ran an ran in his dream, but felt like he was getting absolutely nowhere. The forest seemed uninviting and hostile, no longer feeling like the nice meadow a little bit ago. Taima! He yelled, starting to get really scared. Soon he found himself at the border of the wet and dry territory, except here was a definitive line between the two. However he spotted something up in the dry distance, a rustle. Hello? He yelled. a dark figure popped out, it was Coal! Coal what are you doing? You're going to get hurt... where is everyone else?? Coal just stared at him, a grim expression on her face. She motioned her head and darted into the drylands and out of sight. No wait! Kyo took hesitiant foot forward, but soon found himself bounding across the hot. Only the dark figure of Coal tail could be seen, but that then too vanished. He yelped. Now he was in the pine trees and uninviting territory alone. But another rustle up ahead and a different figure stepped out... now wait, two. The two puppies Cove and Caspian who looked like they were giggling walked out of the brush as if it all was completely normal. He didn't even bother asking what they were doing this time, Kyo just ran, his mouth getting drier and drier. But when he caught up to their giggling figures though... they too were gone. This process was repeated. He saw Rakoo, whom he also followed, Akua, and even Kohana, whom he followed the most. His pawpads were stinging with every step now as they were cracked and bleeding from the hot sand that was now there, there wasn't any more dirt. No longer were there even that many pine trees, instead the trees were replaced by even hotter biome fauna. Saguaro cacti stood looming over him, prickly pear cacti poking out of the ground. TAIMA!!! He anguished, panting heavier than ever now, his pelt a sickly transparent gray. TAI! Where are you??? He blinked, feeling his body get heavy and shaky, the heat being too much for a water wolf to handle. But still he dragged on with only willpower with him.

The real Kyo whimpered and whined, his real pelt too seeming transparent-like. His paws scrabbled at the ground from time to time and his tail lashed out viciously behind him.

Coal hopped into the water right behind Cove and let herself sink. She smiled as the pup played and explored through the seaweed, yet was careful to watch her incase something happened and she needed Coal for help.
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Caspian nodded. "That's sounds good." He padded after his father.

--

Cove walked along the sea floor, nosing through the sand...
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:06 pm

Kohana grinned and continued into the forest, glancing behind him to make sure Caspina was catching up.

With nothing to do, Taima closed her eyes again, trying to get back to sleep.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:24 pm

Kyo flipped his head around, getting more and more exhuasted from the scorching heat. Just sitting and lying down felt great right about now.. no... He spoke, trying to shake the tiredness away. Tai.. He whimpered, eyes getting bleary. A small white fleck seemed to appear in the distance. He tried straining to see, but it was so far away. Kyo... it whispered, travelling quietly like the wind. Taima? He cracked, trying to move again. He had to go on, had to get to his mate. Taima.. Tai wait up! Please! He begged, practically crawling towards her. Kyo.... it called again, this time however he could see her clearly, yet she wasn't any closer than before. Please Taima come here! He dragged on, minutes of this going by. But no matter how hard he worked or how far he moved she never got closer. Tai... please. I can't go any farther, I can't do it... he anguished, now on his belly on the unforgiving hot sand.. I can't... I can't...

Kyo howled in real life, an ear-splitting howl with body practically convulsing. Then in an instant he was awake, his eyes shooting open and body tensed. He looked around, extremely confused and disoriented.

Coal sniffed around with Cove, looking for something pretty for the pup. So far she found nothing extremely special or out of the ordinary. Find anything? She asked, bubbles coming out of her mouth.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:40 pm

Taima lifted her head from the ground, her eyes snapping open; she heard a howl: Kyo's howl. She sprung up and hurried over to Kyo, quivering and moaning in his sleep. But then he was awake, and Taima stared at him will concern-filled eyes. "what happened?"
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:46 pm

Kyo was extremely confused, the dream was so real it felt like real life. He looked down at his pawpads to find them completely fine instead of them cracked and bleeding like they had seemed moments before. He stared into the face of his mate for the longest time, the sheer face of disbelief on his face. How... how'd I get here? He finally spoke. Did... he looked at his paws again. Did you fix me? How long have I been here? To him the dream was still real, everything having been so vivid.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:01 pm

Taima sighed. "You were dreaming Kyo, nothing happened. You've been here the whole time." She explained softly. She had no idea what had happened in his drea, but it must have been pretty awful. She sat dow, her eyes still latched on him in concern.

Gotta go to bed! Sorry!
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:02 am

Kyo looked around again, trying to comprehend. But... he protested for a moment, but as he looked around and saw everything in order and perfectly normal he came to see that it must've just been a dream. He looked at Taima and rested his big head onto her shoulder, breathing out deeply and trying to shake out the memory. Thanks.
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:39 am

Caspian was able to keep up from him. He trotted behind his 'father' keeping the same pace. "Where are good hunting grounds?"

--

Cove shook her head. "No... Lot's of fish and sand... but nothing good! Can you help me?" She asked, looking up at Coal with a smile.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:42 am

Kohana tilted his head, thinking. "Well, there's a little hollow with loads of grass that rabbits tend to poke about in. Occasionally the elk herd grazes there too.He said, recalling the tiny field. He always caught at least a couple of rabbits when he was there.

Taima smiled slightly and licked the top of his head. She sighed. "What on earth happened in this dream? Or do you not want to talk about it/"
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:20 am

Kyo physically shuddered. Well. He started, trying to get back to the beginning. I started off in the big meadow, and everything there was just perfect. I noticed that no one was around but me so I walked back to camp to find you all, but absolutely no one was there either. I called out everyones name but it was desolate and cold. I ran through each cave and searched, but still nothing. I was alone. I began to run through the forest, getting scared and I called out everyone's name... He rememebered especially calling his mate's name, but for the moment left that part out. I howled and everthing, but the forest and my surroundings kept seeming to get darker as I ran. Soon I found myself at the hot borderline, but I saw Coal up ahead IN it, so I ran to her... but then she ran away and vanished. Then I saw the pups and the same thing happened. Then Rakoo, Akua, and finally Kohana. With each of you I got deeper into the hot territory and I was getting weak... I remember my pawpads hurt like crazy. But I couldn't find you. I got so far I think I got into a desert, there were plants that I have never even seen before with needles coming out of them, and even the ground had turned to sand. Then finally I saw you, but I was weak from lack of water. I tried my hardesst to get to you, I called out, but you stood like a statue in the far distance. I was reduced to crawling and I begged, but you never got closer. I was so driven... I was trying so hard to get to you. It was like even though I knew I had no more strength if I could just get to you, I could save you and get us home alright... But I couldn't. He stopped there, not wanting to tell her that he actually died in his dream too.

Coal nodded. Sure thing kiddo! She too began rustling through the sand and seaweed, trying to find some sort of treasure for the pup to take with her. She found a pretty shell, but that didn't seem super exciting so she placed it onto a rock and kept looking.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:22 am

Taima's eyes widened slightly as Kyo explained... and explained. My, this was one big and awful dream! "Uh, wow. That... isn't nice. Well, your safe, and you have been the whole time." She assured her mate softly.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:32 pm

Kyo pulled his head back and smiled a bit. Perhaps he was over thinking this now, it was just a dream after all. Yeah, you're right. Thanks Tai. He stood up, shaking his pelt out.
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:18 am

Caspian nodded. "Cool... Let's go there, then." He said with a grin. He padded up next to his 'father'.

--

Cove grinned widely. "Oo, look at that thing!" She said, refering to some type of sea creature, with a dark green shelled back.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:48 am

Taima shook her head as if to say 'it's nothing', closed her eyes for a moment.

Kohana grinned and started in the direction of the small clearing.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:09 am

Kyo pulled away and stood up, shaking himself out again, It was kinda like a nervous tick. He sorta smiled and then padded towards the pool, lapping at the crystal-like water and causing it to ripple.

Coal pulled her head up from searching to see what Cove was talking about. Oh! That's a type of crab. She watched it for a second. Careful! He might have pincers!
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:35 am

Caspian tilted his head up towards his father... "Dad, what made you choose Mom over the other fae's here?" He asked with saucer sized eyes. He wanted to know why his father chose Akua, instead of another fae.

--

Cove tilted her head towards it. "What are PINCERS?" She asked with a snort, then a giggled. She giggled again, and nosed the animal. It didn't do anything. "Coal I think it's dead-" Suddenly, it snapped at her nose. "Augh!!! Coal it's on my nose! Ouch!!!" She shouted, sending little bubbles floating towards the surface. "It hurts! Ouch!" She pawed at her nose, finally getting the crab un-hooked from her nose. She glared at it, and rubbed her nose on the sandy bottom. "I don't like sea animals."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 10:27 pm