Huyana: The World of Imagination

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huyana is a haven to us to explore the corners of our literate imaginations

5 posters

Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves

Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves - Page 21 Empty Re: Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves

Post  Alli Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:02 am

Coal had just started to get the crab off when Cove did it herself. Listening to the pup's witty remark she shook her head and laughed. Now, now. There are a lot more animals out there than just crabs. Don't dislike them all because of one little snappy guy.
    Teak
    Teak

Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves - Page 21 Empty Re: Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves

Post  Teak Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:14 am

Kohana smiled slightly. "Well, first thing, the only other fae I could have possibly chosen is Coal, and she's probably quite a lot younger than I. Second, Akua is beautiful, smart and she understands me. She doesn't pester me or sit around swooning and moaning like a love-struck yearling. That's why." He explained simply, trotting along happily, quickly nearing their destination.

Taima tilted her head as she watch Kyo go; he seemed a little jittery. Passing it off as the nightmare for the time being, Tai strenched outwards, raking her claws through the soft earth before laying down where she was and placing her head on her paws.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:22 am

Kyo lapped up some water.. and drank, and drank. By the time he had finished probably a good five minutes had gone by. He shook out his pelt again and sat down, finally sliding himself all the way to a laying position. He sat there, almost as if he was on lookout for something.
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:31 pm

Sorry I havn't been on in awhile x3 I have to go now, anyway DX But Ill post real quick before bed x3

--

Cove nodded. "Guess your right." She sighed. "My nose hurts though. Stupid crab."

Caspian nodded, thinking. "I see. Well Im glad you chose her because I like her." He then giggled. "She is my mom though..."
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:49 am

Kohana gave a chuckle. "She's your mother, you pretty much have to like her. I'd be lost without her here to raise you." It was true, too. there was no way he could have raised pups on his own, whether another member of the pack could supply milk or not. He would be a wreck without his mate.

Taima watched her mate curiously, getting up and sitting some way from the pool with her tail wrapped neatly around her paws. There wasn't much going through her mind, surprisingly, so was just watching.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:19 pm

I'm so sad. I am also a photographer and I go to my local zoos, natural reserves, and sanctuaries a lot to photograph different animals. At my favorite zoo - it really is a great zoo they are SO animal oriented there - they had two tiger cubs, Mali (girl) and Bima (boy). They had just turned one about a month ago, but last night Mali went into cardiac arrest and died even though the caretakers took her into immediate emergency surgery. I can't believe it. She was my absolute favorite out of all the animals I photographed. She was so photogenic and EVERY last time I ever went to whatever enclosure she was in, she'd literally seek me out and pace/stare at me, as close as she could get which was usually just an inch or so of glass between us. I can't believe the little baby is gone. I'll miss her so much.

Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves - Page 21 Pt_def12 Mali <3 I don't know why this picture's colors are distorted, but all the same this is her.

Kyo flopped down. He felt... edgy. Even his pelt gave off the slightest tinge of a purplish, like an extremely faded out lavender. One lip was pulled up to bare a single tooth and he looked out over the water, watching the small ripples get pushed by the wind.

Coal licked the pups nose.
    There. All better?
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:04 am

Aw... she is so pretty :c Im so sorry...

--

Cove nodded, and let out a yawn. "Hmm..." She nose around, seeing a different creature. It's back was smooth, and sea green. It had little flippers, and stubby tail. "What's that?" (TURTLE! ;D)

Caspian nodded. "Yeah, Im glad that she is here."
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:37 pm

I know. I'll really miss her.

Coal turned her head to the spot the pup was referencing to. Crawling along the floor, half floating half walking, was a big ol' turtle. She smiled. That's a turtle Cove. They are special to have around. Some say that turtles are good luck and that they have special powers that no one even knows about because they are so quiet and secluded. She paused. I've heard that if you befriend a turtle, and honestly become friends with it, it will show you how it is so happy. Coal's tail wagged in the water as she spoke, a small smile still spreading across her face as she recollected when she was once told that story, before all of the controversy of her own lack of powers began. She remembered fully believing the tale, and trying so hard to become friends with a turtle that had made its home on a nearby bank. However, in true turtle form, it always hid inside it's shell at her antics.
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:10 pm

Cove listened to what she said, her eyes lighting up. "Wow, really?" She asked, her voice toned with excitment. SHse half hopped, half swam over to the animal. It didn't put it's head in it's shell. Rather, it seemed to just ignore her presence. "Say, turtle, will you be my friend?"
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:35 am

Aw, Ally I'm so sorry! She's beautiful!
    And ugh, I'm sorry about the disappearence. I've just been preoccupied and we moved yesterday and I just want to curl up in a hole. I keep losing the link to here as well.. I should really bookmark it on my laptop....

Kohana nodded, "Me too, kiddo, me too," he chuckled slightly then lifted his head, his ice blue gaze falling on the clearing before him. They had arrived. Instinctively, he parted his jaw slightly, scenting the air for any near-by prey. Rabbits, a fair few of them, making the bushes rustle slightly as they scurried by, scrambling in and out of warrens, on the look out for food. Kohana lowered his head closer to Caspain's ear, keeping his voice low, "okay, we're here. Smell any rabbit?" He whispered, he himself pin-pointing a partiular rabbit some feet away. He wanted his 'son' to have a go for himself.

Taima narrowed her emerald eyes, watching her mate by the river side. She lifted herself from her sitting position and crept forward carefully, curious as to what was troubling him. Tilting her head, she paused, straighting herself out to watch him for a while longer, her tail twitching in her thought.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:46 pm

Ew. Sounds like a rough time Teak, so sorry. And it's getting a little easier now, it's just sad.

Kyo continued to watch the waves, an air of annoyance directed towards them. How dare they float over the water without a care in the world? Didn't they know that things were dangerous? A faint growl rumbled in the heart of his chest and died there, never reaching full omittance. Taking another glace, he scoffed, jumping up to his feet and turning around. One tooth still out, he stalked into the Cavern.

Coal watched the fae pup play with the turtle fondly, visions of herself of when she was younger doing pretty much the exact same thing.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:21 am

Moving country is never fun. At least I an still go school in England so I don't have to leave any of my friends behind forever.

Taima flattened her ears against her skull, confused; what had gotten into Kyo? He was usually so cheerful and carefree about everything and anything. That was one of the many reasons why she loved him so much. He was just acting completely off-character. She scampered after him into the cavern, head tilted to one side, "Kyo, what's wrong?" She asked, her voice soft and carefully, indicating he didn't have to give an answer if he didn't wish. She could usually tell what was going on with other wolves but this time she was just full-out baffled.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:13 am

Kyo's green and gold eyes scrunched together as he laid down, Taima entering the Cavern. As he curled up his shoulders visibly slumped, almost looking defeated. Nothing love... he mumble-spoke, trying to give a bit of sincere eyes to his mate. Even in a state of anger he couldn't be really unkind to her. However the moment was gone in a flash as he then forced them shut, looking like he was going to go to sleep again.

I haven't moved since I was 7. Been in the same house and everything. However with college right at my back windown I'm about to have leave this all behind so I hear ya.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:56 am

Taima perked her ears forward, ready to hear an explanation, only to get a obviously (to her) insincere 'Nothing'. She huffed and flattened her ears again, stamping a forepaw against the ground, "I know you're lying," she warned, her emerald gaze darkening. She didn't like nonsense about it being fine when it wasn't, because it wasn't necessary. She loved Kyo, but she could still easily get ticked off by being kept in the dark. She couldn't read emotions from Auras and she certainly couldn't read thoughts. She glowered down at her mate, her tail twitching as she delved deeper into her thoughts, observing him quietly.

Eep, college, that sounds scary D: Before this, I hadn't moved since I was... 4 I think? It's kinda crazy to think that, actually. It was so long ago, it's weird to think this is the fourth time I've moved country o.o
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:03 am

Kyo's jaw set a little firmly as his eyes were still closed tight. He actually was nodding off really fast. My... love.... he blurbed out of his lips, his pelt fading and fading to white. It was almost like he was finishing a sentence the he never got the rest out of. His eyebrows unpinched themselves and a bit of serenity crossed his face. In only a few moments the male shaman was asleep.

However, it didn't last long. Only a few minutes into dreamland his paws curled beneath him rigidly. He snorted and growled, eyes scrunched once more. In an instant he was awake again, standing straight up.

Eh, college. I've already gome to a communty college for the past two years, I've just still been at home. I turn 18 on the 16th and while my parents aren't kicking me out, it might have to be becuase of which university I go to. We'll see.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:19 am

Taima sorted, suddenly infuriated. What was wrong with him? Yes, she loved him, yes, she wa his mate, but Taima had a short fuse and that wouldn't change for anyone. Without understanding any part of the situation, Taima grew annoyed, more at herself for not making sense of anything. There were reasons she was such a perfectionist, why everything had to be in the place she put it, and it was to do with her irrational need to know everything. She took pleasure of learning new things, figuring our problems, so when things went out of her paws, she got irked.

No sooner that Kyo had fallen asleep, he was awake. Giving up before she had even started, Taima stalked from the cavern, head held high. If he wasn't going to be mature about this, neither would she.

It seems so far away for me, since I turn only 14 on the 29th...
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:35 am

Kyo's eyes darted around the Cavern, almost disbelief on his face. His throat voiced a small whine as he saw Taima, not even seeing her annoyed pacing. He padded over to her, eyes still wide. He sniffed her shoulder and looked her up and down, as if checking for something. With a puff of relief he sat down, stealing a glance at the outside world.

It was the same for me too, seeming far away. But then I took Junior and Senior year in high school (11th and 12th) actually at the college. I essentially took my last two years of high school and first two years of college together, or 4 years of school stuffed into 2.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:46 am

Taima scowled, confusion buzzing in her stomach as Kyo padded out to lean on her, seemingly resentful of her previous reactions. He didn't say anything, plunging Taima into further wonder as he checked her for... something. "What is wrong?" She asked, her voice patient and soft but perhaps a little more desperate to know the answer this time.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:48 am

Oops, I have to go out to eat now, sorry! Should be on later~
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:57 am

Kyo's ear fell, a face of pitylike. I- don't know. Still everyonce in awhile he stole a glance outside, as if expecting something to just randomly barge in. He looked at her again with all of a sudden a bit of urgency. Is your stomach okay? His eyes bore into hers, all seriousness on his face. He meant business.

Okay! I'll be here for at least another hour and half, probably more. :3
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:41 am

Taima tilted her head, eyes narrowing. She glanced in the direction Kyo was seemingly watching, only to see nothing. What was wrong with him? This was all very strange, and his question was stranger... hold it... Taima's emerald eyes widened for a moment before narrowing them again, returning Kyo's burning gaze easily, as though unaffected. "Nothing especially unusual," she replied simply, choosing her words carefully. "Why?"
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:45 am

Kyo nodded. Okay.. He seemed dazed. He turned to walk away, but then turned right back around again. I'm sorry. He offered, sincere. I'm having... issues right now. Sleeping isn't well for me. He shook his head again, as if to shake something out of his brain.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:52 am

Taima had told a small lie, well, she had just worded her phrase in a careful way. She didn't want to concern Kyo about her petty stomach pains. She'd probably just eaten a bad piece of prey. It was nothing, wasn't it? she shook off the thought, diverting her attention back to Kyo, who was apoligising. "It's okay, but are you sure that's it?" She questioned carefully, watching her mate with a curious interest, trying to get her head around his concern.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:55 am

Yes. He nodded definitively. For now. He thought. His head turned to the opening. I'm gonna scourge our territory.... do borders. He shook his pelt, it being a straight blank white.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:00 pm

Be right back Teak... 15 or so minutes.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 am