Huyana: The World of Imagination

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huyana is a haven to us to explore the corners of our literate imaginations

5 posters

Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves

Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves - Page 8 Empty Re: Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves

Post  Alli Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:17 pm

Finally out of the hunters sight Kyo let his facade go. His pelt flushed down... the angered red falling to an almost transparent white as his adrenaline drained. Around his mouth however was still stained red and now reddish pink foam was dripping from his maw. He tried getting to the Cavern as quick as he could but his sight was a bit blurry. Soon though he was at the mouth of the medicinal cave and walked in, still dripping.

Coal was at Rakoo's side halfway nuzzling his neck gently and halfway, carefully licking the wound. When Kyo walked in she just looked at him, realzing something was... off.
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves - Page 8 Empty Re: Huyana: The World of the Water Wolves

Post  ToastWhisperer Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:25 pm

Rakoo gently licked her nose, trying to tell her everything would be okay. He closed his eyes for a few seconds, then opened them again, apon hearing Kyo enter the cavern.

Akua gasped. "Kyo..your...dripping in something. Are you okay?"
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:29 pm

Yeah I know.. Kyo's voice cracked, his words a bit slurred. I was kicked in teh fface by some prey. He shook his head, bloody foam falling out from time to time. The shot sound caught me off guard... I'm fine. He turned his head to Rakoo, not saying anything more about himself. Let'sss get you taken care of. He went to a shelf.

Coal whimpered once, worried for both brutes. Still, she stayed by Rakoo's side.
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:37 pm

Akua raised an eyebrow. "I don't know if your capable of helping him without killing him... You don't look so good yourself."
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:40 pm

Kyo shook his head, turning around and holding a dried leaf carefully in his lips. It's just my jaw, not my head. He slurred, halfway because of the leaf. He padded to Rakoo. Take this please. And Coal.. I need you to step away now deary, I need to get in there.

Coal nodded, slipping backwards solumnly.
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:45 pm

Rakoo carefully took it in his jaws...

--

GTG DX
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:21 pm

Kyo strained to see the entry point looking over the now purple coat many times before finally finding it. He was relieved to see that the bullet was indeed not inside the brutes body or pelt at all. Instead it just deeply grazed in... and out. He sighed, shaking his head. This was going to take some work. He grabbed a bracken fern, a Shamans best friend when it came to anything in the cut relm. It was great at stopping blood, maybe not altogether at this amount, but he could change the 'dressing' as much as needed. Kyo was not as weathered in the medicinal plants as much as Taima was and he silently wished she was here to help, he felt tremendous pressure doing this alone. Carefully mixing the fern to paste with water, he began to press the concoction into the entry and exit points of fur and flesh.

He did this procedure probably about three times before the blood started to begin to get stemmed. Breathing a sigh of relief, and dripping pinkish foam at the same time, he turned around once more. He nipped at three things before turning back 'round again. He placed 10 poppy seeds on the Omega's tongue and let them sit or be swallowed, it didn't matter, they effect of sleepiness would take place either way. he didn't want the brute fully awake for this naxt part, hot tree sap being pressed into the tender wounds. It would seal them nicely and cleanly, but it definately wasn't the most comfortable. As he waited for the seeds to take effect he walked to the little indoor pool in the Cavern, dipping his head inside. Once in he shook vigorously, letting the stains on his face wash off a bit. He'd take care of the rest of himself later, even though it hurt now.
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:30 am

Rakoo's nose twitched as Kyo touched the more tender places where the bullet hit. He grunted and then then swallowed the seeds. Soon, feeling sleepy, he...fell asleep Razz
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:04 am

Coal watched silently in the background, practically invisible with her steely pelt. However her eyes still shined as they watched, much like two little glistening lights. She didn't move a muscle, not wanting to disturb Kyo's concentration and to mess anything up.

Once Kyo washed some of his face he went to get the sap which was located outside on a bowl-shaped black rock. When in contact with the sun the rock got quite warm, warming the sap as well. As they were water wolves no one wanted to tinker with fire as it was much too dangerous, so this was a good alternative.

He tried grabbing the stone with his mouth, but was immediatey given intense pain in his lower jaw so bad he nearly dropped the stone and product, surely shattering it. But at the last second he was able to over think the pain and set it back down faster. He took a moment to pant it out, his purplish-black tongue lolling aimlessly out of his jaw and his eyes blinking. Crap. He couldn't carry even that? Then how was he even going to get this stone ins-... Coal. He turned around, walking quickly back into the Cavern and spotting the green eyes that still watched. Coal. He slurred. Coal I needss your help. I need you to carry thiss sstone for me pleaasse.

Coal stood up instantly and was next to Kyo in a flash, nodding. He explained to her what she needed to do and a few moments later she was squinting in the sunlight, grasping the big black stone bowl in her mouth. She carried it back and set it where instructed before slinking back into the shadows, once more becoming like an umbra.

Keuweaheleu was grateful for the help and as soon as the bowl was placed went back to work. Rakoo was now fully asleep and he could once again resume. He fluttered around his workspace once more, assessing. He switched the bracken fern once more and mentally noted that he severely needed to restock Tai's shelves when he was finished, he didn't want her missing anything. After the fern was replaced, he got to the sap. Pressing the warm, sticky substance onto his nose he then pressed it into the cuts, sealing them up nicely and cleanly.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:23 am

God damn. I did it again. I was packing, and then in a hotel with no internet, then flying, then recovering, then unpacking, then being 'show various sites', then sleeping a little too much, then doing some actual excerise under the suggestion of my mother (not because I'm fat, lol). Yeah. It's hot here. And windy. And I have had no drive to do anything. Include a large amount of holiday work; mostly heaps and heaps of french and art, which a but of theory and music thrown in. I am so sorry, and here's me making excuses and completly lost as to what's going on and too lazy to read it. Explain please??? Ilu guys I love you
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:35 am

Oh Teak! It's okay! We both know by now you're always so busy and we understand! lol you're not gonna read? XD Well it would be better to read as there is a HECK of a lot more detail (mainly the last 3 or 4 pages) but here goes...

Coal walked up to Akua and asked if she'd take care of the puppy, even though she felt as if she got a bond with it, she was trying to be responsible. Akua at first rejected to help jokingly but Coal took it as real. Only then did Akua tell her that she was joking but she called Coal 'gullible' and 'dramatic' during it, worsing the effect. Coal walked away downhearted, wishing that she didn't seem dramatic as she was never trying to do so, she just cared for the pup. Then Akua came back and apologized, bringing the pup and saying Coal should keep him after he is nursed. However, they came to a conclusion to tag team raise the puppy as Coal felt she was still too young and naive to care for a baby and admitted to it. Then Rakoo showed up and asked Coal for a question, which let to him asking for her to be his mate. Coal was shocked and and thought for a while, coming to the conclusion that she just didn't know. She didn't know if she was ready and/or what the rest of the packmates would say. So instead they just began a walk. During this walk a shot rang, out grazing Rakoo at the top of the pelt. They were about to run when Akua showed back up, startled by the gunfire. All three were about to hoof it out of there when suddenly Kyo comes basically out of nowhere, red-hot and blood gleaming from his face. He darted to the hunters and marred one bad, while the other fled and he knocked over with his own water skills. no one messed with his pack. Meanwhile Akua and Coal carried Rakoo back to camp where they were met with Kyo who was not almost transparent white, although red foam still came from his mouth as he revealed he lost concentration during a hunt because of the gunfire and the prey nabbed him in the jaw....... The rest I think is on this page or just off the back of the last one...

But I think this'll make A LOT more sense if you read it. XDD Sorry for the bad explanation... Neutral
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:26 pm

That's a great explanation! I had a quick flick through anyways ^^

Kohana burst into the clearing with a look of anger set on his face, his light blue eyes hard, exactly like ice itself. He had a long gash across his face and an almost round wound on his shoulder. His eyes flickered from side to side frantically, his nostrils flaring as he raking the clearing for any sign of danger. "I saw hunters running away. Sliced me before they jumped in their big metal-thingy. And they made the elk stampede. Is everyone alright?" Kohana latched his gaze onto Akua, who seemed fine physically, as did Coal. This made Kohana relax slightly, until he saw Rakoo in a state. Although the Omega was not his favourite wolf, he felt compassion for every member of his Pack, the former rouge included. He rushed over to the fallen brute. They did get into camp! I should have been here... Taima should be coming; she was 'herding' the elk away from here. I assume Kyo is on the job? Kohana asked, glancing at the male shaman, struggling to keep a calm tone to his voice. He gave a sharp howl for his sister.

Taima came tumbling into the clearing, panting heavily and splattered with blood. Her forepaws were covered with a vile crimson coating of blood. She stumbled over to Rakoo, her green eyes widening. The hunters... Oh dear. They've gone, and the elk are running in the other direction now. They pack a surprising punch. Kyo... you look hurt! Stand aside and lie down. I'll deal with this..." She trailed off as she swept her gaze over the unconscious Rakoo. Of course it was him to get into more trouble. Taima had an itching temptation to drag the Omega out into the middle of the forest, but she knew in her heart that was cruel, even for her standards. She exhaled, her breathing jagged as she placed a bloodied paw forward, shaking slightly as she leaned forward to look at Rakoo closer We need cobwebs on that bullet wound. It holds blood far better. Find them in the corner of my cavern. Don't kill the spiders. I need those webs fresh, so I let the little critters thrive. That's why I never dust. I don't care who fetches them, but do it." She stated simply, collapsing into a sitting position, her hind legs similarly battered. Kohana, go clean your wound. It's disgusting. Then put some cobweb on it too. You know how to do that. I taught you." The Shaman glanced sternly at the Alpha, who wanted to help Rakoo. But with a stern glare form his sister, her went scampering over to the pool to clean himself.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Kyo just sat there, unmoved from his point. More froth fell from his mouth, pink and dripping. He'ss mutch better than before, the entry pointss already mosstly sealed up and the exit I wass working on now. He tried talking the best he could but there was visible swelling starting now. He tried protecting the girlss.. he spoke, notioning to the sleeping Rakoo. After that he did turn around, licking Tai's various cuts.

Coal shot up and immediately started nipping at cobwebs, careful of their little 8-legged creators. After getting almost a solid sheet of them she walked beside Taima and extended her neck to offer them to her. Thank you Taima..

lol thanks I guess.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Taima sighed "Stand aside, Kyo. Go and lie down. If you must do something, get some ginkgo leaf from my shelf and wrap it around your jaw. It should reduce any swelling. But stand. Aside. Taima's voice was as stern as her gaze, the same that had sent her brother running to clean himself. She turned all attention back Rakoo, her eyes scanning the Body. It was only really the large graze from the bullet that was the problem. All the other wounds were small and had been dressed perfectly by Kyo already. When Coal came running back with the cobwebs, Taima dipped her head in thanks. "No need to thank me. I am only doing my duty. Duty. That meant trying her hardest to save any member of her pack. Even the Omega. She was about to place the cobwebs onto Rakoo's large wound when she realise the true sticky state of her own paws. She called to Kohana; "Ko, bring yourself and some water over!" Kohana was there in a flash, free from excess blood and with a large bubble of water hovering beside it. Taima took it and swirled it around her paws, turning the water red. Satisfied, she flung the redden bubble far into the bushes with a flick of her tail and a grimace. Now go sort yourself out Ko. Watch out for the spiders, minds. Tai barked quickly before taking the already bloodied fern dressing off the wound with a single sweeping movement, then took sheet of cobweb lightly in her jaws and placed it over the large bullet wound. With soft, careful and now fairly clean paws, Taima pressed the cobweb firmly around the wound so it would stick. Satisfied, Tai sat back on her haunches. "We will check it in a few hours. If the blood flow has mostly stopped, which it should have done, we will place a marigold and fern paste to help the healing. She explained, watching the sleeping omega.

Kohana clumsily collected the cobwebs, narrowly avoiding the eight-legged creatures, and slapped it onto his shoulder wound. With that, he trotted over nearer to Rakoo and sat down to watch the proceedings.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:13 pm

Kyo looked at Taima's stern face and looked a bit downtrodden, yet he nodded all the same and turned away, going out into the sunlight. One thing was for sure, his jaw was not in the correct alignment. Walking over to the pool he dipped his face into it and shook, closing his eyes. Finally the red and pink stains began to fall away, washing away into the once crystal water. Now that his face was clean came the hard part, he didn;t really want to but it obviously had to be done. Bending down, he placed his nose and maw to the ground, opening his jaw slightly. He then placed his two front paws basically in his mouth. Taking a moments hesitation he took a breath, this was going to be anything less than comfortable. Moment over, he pulled his tongue in... and pulled his head back with all his force.

It hurt so bad. He involuntarily yelped out in pain as his jaw was ripped back into place, a new gush of blood came from his mouth and he just sat there panting. However, the deed was done, his jaw was back into alignment, if at just extremely sore now. He let himself slip down to the ground and let his head hang in the water.

Coal watched, almost like a nurse, waiting for any sort of instuction that might be given.
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:39 pm

Pleased to see Kyo going to sort himself out, and Rakoo sleeping fairly soundly considering his condition, and Kohana looking cleaner and happier, Tai turned her emerald gaze to Coal. "You've been very brave. You do look exhausted though. I suggest you get some rest. Rakoo should be okay now. If he wakes, I can wake you too if you'd like." Taima instructed the young fae, her voice surprisingly gentle. With a final glance at Coal and Rakoo, Taima limped painfully over to the pool and slipped into the water to wash away all the blood. She rested on the bottom, watching her mate fix his jaw with a dull curiousity. Her vision was slightly fuzzy. Those elk kicked hard. At least they were away from the camp, and everyone was safe... Taima struggled to keep her eyes open, taking extreme effort to surface and heave herself from the water. She began to make her way to her Cavern, but couldn't find the strenth, her legs buckling in and she flopped to the ground in the centre of the clearing, falling asleep instantly.

Kohana looked around for his mate Akua? He called into the air, glancing down at his badly-dressed wound. He had done it himself, and it wasn't great. But if would do. He was Alpha, he couldn't complain. Ever.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Kyo lifted his head as Taima hauled her tired body out of the water... She didn't make it very far elsewise. Smiling (well, as best he could) he walked up to her, his pelt flushing to a faint light green of tenderness. He got himself under his limp mate and lifted up to his paws. She was really light to him! He walked her all the way back to the Cavern, finally resting her into a bad of moss, grass, and small twigs. He looked over her, his eyes glistening out of fondness. But as he got farther down me noticed all the scratches and cuts, and his eyebrows furrowed. He didn't like that at all. He turned, grabbing a few cobweb pieces that had been left behind and faced her again, wrapping a few of the bigger ones as she slept. Then he licked the rest of them, stopping any dribbles that might have been left. Satisfied, he curled up onto the floor.

Coal smiled a bit to Taima's words, for once she didn't seem angered or wasn't harsh to her... perhaps she was doing something right. Not even bothering to move, she fell asleep right on the Caverns stones.

Last edited by Allimonty on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos *blush*)
    Teak
    Teak

Post  Teak Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:07 pm

Taima was deeply asleep, unaware of her mate taking her into her cavern and tending to her wounds. She wrapped in the the soft blackness of sleep.

The Cavern was becoming rather full of sleeping wolves now, and Kohana stepped out to keep watch, still on high alert ofter the hunter's attack. He leapt swiftly ontop of the lare cave, wincing slightly at the sudden stabbing pain in his shoulder. He ignored and settled himself on a mossy patch, staring out across the clearing.

Gotta go to bed now. Sorry!
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:18 pm

Kyo's ear swivelled, hearing a sound in his distant slumber. He peeled an eye back reluctantly, not wanting to get up but when he was reminded of the wherabouts and happenings of today he got back up to his feet in a flash. His hackles raised and he lowered his head, a growl escaping him. His pelt shifted to a purple, threatening darker as he padded out. Only seeing a shadow, he lunged forward ready to attack. He raced forward, harder and harder, gaining momentum and clambering rocks to get to the enemy...but skidded to a halt just before he went into full attack realizing it was Kohana. Instantly his coat neutralized. Kohana!... you scared me. What are you doing sstill being up? His speech still wasn't the best as he was swollen, but it was already much better. You should be ssleeping.

Coal continued to sleep on the hard ground, not noticing its lumpiness. A lot had happened that day and it took its toll on her.

Alright Teak. Night!
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:38 pm

Sorry guys x3 Im here... x3

--

Akua heard her mate calling her name. She had been watching the entire procedure. Tai amused her. She was just so stern, and cold hearted, yet...nice, too. She glanced over her shoulder, seeing Ko. She grinned, and trotted over to him. She nuzzled his neck. "Kohana, are you okay?" She asked, motioning to his gash. She licked his wound, and looked in his eye. "I feel like it's been forever since I've seen you... Can I talk to you?" She asked softly.

Rakoo was still asleep, the entire time. Not making a move, nor a sound.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:45 pm

Kyo realized it was his time for him to go when Akua approach Kohana. Letting the Alphas have their alone time, he bowed out, slinking down the rocks back to the Cavern. Indeed it was fairly crowded with four wolves inside of there. Since his normal bed was halfway taken up by Rakoo's sleeping figure he found a spot wedged inbetween some rocks where he could rest his head and closed his eyes, finally succombing to rest.

Coal slept fitfully, paws and claws outstretched and raking the rocky floor of the cave every so often as if she were trying to run away from something.
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:46 pm

Rakoo had been asleep for some time, when awhile later, he woke from his slumber. He blinked his eyes. He yawned quietly, and winced slightly. But he felt much better. He glanced down at his wound. He sighed, then saw Coal. She looked like she was having a nightmare. Very slowly and slightly painfully, he crawled his way over to her. He layed next to her, and licked her maw gently. He layed down again, falling asleep once more.
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:54 pm

Coal's body recoiled to Rakoo's touch, as if it were poisonous or something. An air hiss escaped her lips and her face contorted to an ugly grimace. She stayed in this position for a good three or so minutes before her muscles gave back out, letting her stretch back out again. Her paws still twitched once in awhile and every so often someone, if they were awake, could hear her tail thump. Still, she slept, unaware.
    ToastWhisperer
    ToastWhisperer

Post  ToastWhisperer Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:57 pm

Rakoo snoozed away again, until, not long later he woke up. With a sigh, he climbed to his feet. He stretched out in the small space. It wouldn't hurt for him to take a walk, would it? He yawned, and whispered to Coal, "I'll be back, my love."

--

Hmm... we need something to happen... >:3
    Alli
    Alli
    Admin

Post  Alli Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:15 pm

Oh gawd no more evil drama! lol Poor wolves, already battered so bad.

As Rakoo got up Coal blinked awake too, squinting in the dim light. Her eyes furrowed... where did he think he was going? Wasn't he still hurt? Taima would NOT be pleased to see that he was potentially endangering himself. And Coal so wanted Taima to begin to like him. She knew it'd be hard, practically inpossible, considering the fact that when Rakoo first got here he was a rouge and attacked her. But Coal could see the change, it was like night and day.. It was strange. Coal had so much respect for the fae that always seemed to dislike what she did or what she thought. She always wanted to impress her, even in a choice of a possible mate.

So Coal stood up, silently following Rakoo.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:01 am